Men are very much different from Women. Body, thinking and everything else differs altogether. We all know about it! Don’t we? Just like all these obvious differences, there is one more difference and that is the Nutritional needs of Men. What Are The 10 Best Foods To Boost Men’s Health? Are you too wondering about the same? Read on….
Women have their particular needs of nutrients during various stages of life like pregnancy, protection against breast cancer and so on. Likewise, men also need nutrients which help in gaining and maintaining muscle mass. prevention of prostate cancer and more.
Today’s Man is very smart, and by smart, I don’t mean the looks. What I mean to say is that men today know what is best for them in terms of nearly everything – from cars to tech to vacation to the food they eat. With hundreds of resources on the world wide web, there is simply no shortage of information. But then the excess of information is not always good. So what can we do about this? To overcome this issue we have summarised all these ‘superfoods’ for you.
When you ask a Doctor or look for information online you will be told that various nutrients are required for the better functioning of the male body. But to be frank they make it really confusing. Have you ever seen the diet chart of your gym? It’s stupid.
I mean they will give you a long list of what to eat throughout the day. It is not only strange but weird enough. If a normal person eats so much then instead of getting better health he will become ill. And this is what we want to avoid as much as possible.
Let’s see which are the Top 10 Foods, rather Super Foods, which helps in boosting the Male Health greatly and in a genuine way.
First things first. Oysters are a nutritional powerhouse in every respect. For men, this might be the BEST superfood. They can be eaten raw, baked, boiled, grilled or even dried. But they are costly. But you might be thinking that why eating oysters are recommended so much?
Let’s see some great benefits:-
- Zinc is very important for proper growth, development, and strengthening of the immune system. You will be amazed to know that Oysters contains the most zinc as compared to any other food.
- Besides zinc, oysters are also high in omega 3 fatty acids, potassium and magnesium. So eating them is also helpful in reducing the risk of lower blood pressure, stroke and even heart attack.
- Oysters are quite low in calories and fat. They are a very good source of good proteins and eating them makes you feel full.
- Vitamin A, E, C is also found in oysters. Zinc, iron, calcium, selenium and vitamin B12 are also present in them.
- As they are a good source of iron so they help the body in transporting oxygen to individual cells which in turn gives you more energy.
- Oysters have also been found to help in lowering your cholesterol. The University of Washington conducted a study and found that eating oysters can help in raising the good cholesterol levels and lowering the bad cholesterol levels.
I personally love that amazing taste of bananas. Nothing to laugh about! Besides that taste and the ‘fragrance’ what is so special, so great about eating bananas?
For a healthy heart, you need potassium and for that you need bananas. As bananas provide potassium so eating them is great for your heart and blood circulation. Enough potassium for your body helps in keeping the sodium levels under control. This eventually stops your blood pressure from hitting the roof and it, in turn, reduces the risk of any heart problem.
Let me be clear here that eating fatty fish won’t make you any fat. Rather it is very good for your body. Also called as the oily fish. Call whatever you want but one can’t ignore the benefits of eating Fish. They are very rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids which helps in reducing the inflammation and vastly helps in lowering the risk of diseases related to heart, arthritis and even cancer.
To be frank both white and the oily fish are good sources of lean proteins.
Not only this. Eating fish also helps in improving and protecting vision as well as memory too. Scientists have also found out that older people who eat oily fish are at a lower risk of vision loss and helps in improving working memory.
I have seen many people who absolutely love to eat broccoli. But there are many people who simply hate it. You may fall into either of these categories. But the fact is that Broccoli is a nutritional wonder of its own. Broccoli must become an essential part of your diet. I’m not saying that you have to eat it on a daily basis, but eating 2-3 times a month is also fine.
What are the benefits of eating Broccoli? It helps the nervous system as it contains a very high amount of potassium. Potassium helps in maintaining a healthy nervous system, optimal brain function, and regular muscle growth.
Magnesium and calcium present in broccoli help in regulating blood pressure too. It also helps in fighting against free radicals as it is rich in vitamin C. Do you know that vitamin C is also helpful in easing the discomfort of the common cold. Yes, that’s correct.
As broccoli is high in calcium and vitamin K levels so it is also good for the health of the bones.
Beta-Carotene present in broccoli helps in strengthening the immune system.
Broccoli also contains glucoraphanin which the body processes into an anti-cancer compound called as sulforaphane. Furthermore, it contains indole-3-carbinol, a powerful antioxidant compound, and anti-carcinogen found to not only hinder the growth of cervical and prostate cancer but also boosts liver function.
Broccoli is also high in fiber which helps in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar and also curbs overeating. It is to be noted that eating broccoli is very helpful in case you are dieting as it is very low in calories.
Besides these benefits eating broccoli is also good for the health of the heart and the eyes.
Brazil Nuts should be eaten by every Man, every day. Brazil Nuts are not only packed full of vitamins, minerals and rich in protein content, they also boast the highest dietary source of selenium. Selenium is a mineral not found in many foods and has been linked to improved sexual performance among men.
It greatly helps in:-
– Increases Natural Testosterone Levels
– Improves sperm motility and reduces infertility (among men)
– Essential micronutrient for the male reproductive system (testes)
– Excellent source of omega-6 fatty acids
– Nutrient-dense food containing many essential nutrients and vitamins
Whole Grains provides you with fiber which is essential for your body. Besides this, you get proper and healthy plant-based proteins, vitamins, minerals and a variety of phytochemicals that improves your health.
The experts say that eating sterol and stanol containing foods is a fairly easy way to lower your bad cholesterol which in turn helps in reducing the risk of heart disease. But where do you find these plant stanols and sterols?
Plant Sterols and Stanols are natural substances which are found in very fewer amounts in many grains, fruits, legumes, nuts, seeds, and vegetables.
Plant Stanols helps in blocking the absorption of cholesterol. Now that itself is really amazing. Do not miss eating whole grains on a daily basis.
Soybeans are like the meat of the vegetarian world. When you eat soybeans chunks or granules it feels as if you are eating meat. Trust me when I say this. Especially when you cook it in Indian style. I have personally eaten this way a number of times and it tastes fantastic.
Soybeans are a great source of proteins. The proteins you find in soybeans are as good as you find in meat and chicken. If you are a vegetarian or even non-vegetarian eating soybean is highly recommended.
Some more important benefits of eating soybeans are as follows:-
– Makes Hair Shine: Soybeans are also used for smooth, soft, and shiny hair.
– Prevents Hearing Loss
– Improves Lipid Profile
– Strengthens Blood Vessel Integrity
– Promotes Weight Loss
– Prevents Prostate Cancer
Berries or Cherries
There are multiple benefits of eating berries or cherries. I suggest eating them on a daily basis.
– Helps With Arthritis And Inflammatory Conditions
– Helps Lower Blood Sugar Levels In People With Diabetes
– Helps Lower The Risk Of Heart Disease
– Helps Lower The Risk Of Colon Cancer
– Helps Improve Memory
– Helps You Get A Good Night’s Sleep
We generally ignore the amazing benefits of eating vegetables. First of all, they are the most natural things we can eat. Red-Orange vegetables are even better. These bright colored vegetables (fruits too) contain zeaxanthin, flavonoids, lycopene, potassium, vitamin C and A. These nutrients helps our body in a number of ways, from eyes to our bones.
Let’s see some benefits of eating them:-
– Aids in eye health and reduces the risk of macular degeneration of the eye
– Reduces the risk of prostate cancer
– Lowers blood pressure
– Lowers the bad cholesterol
– Promotes healthy joints
– Promotes collagen formation
– Fights harmful free radicals in the body
– Encourages pH balance of the body
– Boosts immune system
– Builds healthier bones by working with calcium and magnesium
It is to be noted that all the above given 10 foods are extremely helpful in fighting various diseases and can be a good start to improving your health. Remember, nothing comes instantly. It takes time but unless you start today you will always be waiting.
Wish you a Happy Health.